Monday, February 3, 2014

Meant to be

So this afternoon we had a crazy weird vent mis-hap. Presley and Charlotte were fighting and Presley rammed into the couch with the back of her chair, breaking off the filter on her vent circuit. I grabbed the ambu bag to bag her some air. So I get her color again and then had to stop bagging long enough to grab a new filter.....well, there were no new filters  in the closet. So I run back to her to bag her some more and then when I got her good again I ran to the cough assist and took its filter and ran back to Presley to bag again....only this time she was laughing and smiling and Charlotte was bagging her!!!! Okay so I know this isn't "ideal" but oh my heck was my 2 year old really bagging her????? And not only that but Charlotte was serious as can be saying "it's okay Presley,  I'll bag you"
I was in shock that she was actually doing a decent job. Also relieved because I could not get the broken off filter and attachment off the vent !!!!! So I bagged myself again and then rushed to the garage to find plyers.....no plyers that I could find fast enough! So I came back to Charlotte bagging a happy, breathing Presley. Then we drove Presley while bagging her to her cough assist and put her on that to buy me extra time. Put her on that then found make shift plyers and finally dug out the old filter. 
Afterwards I gave Presley a talking to about not running into furniture when she is mad..... and she started crying big tears....Charlotte came over held both cheeks of Presley's with her 2 hands and wiped away her tears telling her "it's okay Presley that was scary. You're okay." 
Wow. I cannot believe how "meant to be sisters" these two are. Lucky me. Lucky them. Phew, and what an adrenaline rush. 

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh...I read this on facebook today and my heart was racing just reading it. You are seriously super woman. And Charlotte is more competent as a 2 year old than some nursing school graduates I've worked with.

    ReplyDelete